- 8 oz frozen shortcrust pastry case
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups roasted pumpkin cubes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1/3 cup fresh ricotta cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 360°F/320°F fan forced. Line pastry case with baking paper and half fill with baking beads or rice. Bake blind for 10 minutes. Remove paper and beads or rice.
Meanwhile, whisk eggs and cream together in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir in parmesan. Arrange pumpkin, sage and ricotta over pastry base. Carefully pour over egg mixture and evenly distribute filling. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is puffed, golden and set. Set aside for 10 minutes before serving. Delicious warm or cold.