- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 14 oz can borlotti or fava beans, juice reserved
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Little Gem lettuces cut into wedges OR large handful of baby spinach
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Sprinkling of dried chilli flakes and roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
Bring a pan of water to the boil, lower in the eggs and boil for 8 mins. Drain and run under the cold tap to cool them a little, then peel and halve. Meanwhile, mix 1 tbsp lemon juice and 3 tbsp water with the tahini to make a dressing.
Heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic for 5 mins to soften them. Add the ground cumin and seeds, stir briefly then add the beans, lightly crush some of them as you heat them. Add some of the juice from the can to get a nice creamy consistency but also ensuring to keep some whole beans as well. Taste and add lemon juice and just a little seasoning as required.
Spoon the beans on to plates with the lettuce, then add the eggs and tomatoes, with the tahini dressing, chilli and parsley, if using